Wealth Planning is designed to clarify your financial dreams and help make them a reality. The process begins by analyzing your present position and quantifying your unique vision - your goals for the future. That vision should guide you and act as the foundation for structuring a comprehensive plan. The plan will be designed to adjust to the many changes you will encounter during your life. It will help you to identify your needs, and those of your family, as well as, prioritize your short and long-term monetary goals.
At Q6 Advisors, we must first completely understand your values and help you to clarify your objectives. We believe that to be successful you must have a basic understanding of what you want to accomplish. We will build on that understanding, and create a comprehensive analysis based upon your specific needs and risk tolerance. Working together we can assist you in defining a strategy for your future. We look at your financial life not only in dollars and cents, but also in terms of your personal values, your family, and your legacy.
We believe all successful relationships begin with a comprehensive analysis and plan:
- It is important to create a financial plan that is clear, well defined, and-most importantly, quantifiable. It will be based on your needs, goals, and risk tolerance; therefore allowing you to measure progress to your personal plan, not to today’s stock market report.
- The planning process typically takes several meetings to complete. You will have the added benefit of time to evaluate how you work with your advisor and the comprehensive process we follow, before making the important financial decisions.
- Since your plan is created from the information provided by you and your other professional advisors, and because we adhere to a formal planning process, you can feel confident that the recommendations are based upon your personal needs, and not on a one-size-fits-all approach.
- The Planning process could include strategic meetings that incorporate the knowledge and advice from some or all your financial professionals, most importantly your primary wealth advisor, your CPA and your legal counsel.
Why work with us to develop your financial plan?
- You will gain control and understanding of your finances and investments.
- You will have clearly defined your goals for achieving your life dreams.
- Your financial information will be organized and understandable.
- You will build a context for making good financial decisions.
- You will have 24/7 access to you accounts.
What is Q6 Advisors financial planning process?
The planning process is designed to help you bring order and reason to your financial affairs. By employing a disciplined and comprehensive process, you can integrate your financial decisions with your broader life goals and increase the probability of achieving them. Our six step process helps bring clarity and rationale to our client’s financial life and helps them to understand the road ahead:
- Initial Meeting and Introductions
- Data Gathering
- Analysis and Design
- Presentation and Strategic Guidance
- Plan Review and Relationship Management
The planning process is thorough. Some of the things we may include in our analysis are:
Your current financial position including net worth and cash flow - Detailing your assets and liabilities and calculating your net worth. Examining your annual income and expenses and determining if they are aligned with your goals. This will serve as a gauge over time to measure your progress.
Personal Goals and Objectives - To clarify, quantify and document your personal and financial goals including legacy issues.
Retirement Planning - To include cash flow projections and distribution tax strategies, incorporate your sources of income, required spending needs, potential retirement dates, and different economic scenarios. Help you to determine elections for your pension plans, including lump sum payouts vs. annuities, and joint and survivor vs. single-life distribution arrangements.
Income Tax Planning and Management - We will work with you and your tax professional to provide strategies that will help maximize your net returns.
Capital Needs Analysis – To determine what you need to do, to retire and/or reach other funding goals. Using a variety of assumptions, we will illustrate different scenarios and guide you in making intelligent and informed decisions.
Strategic Investment Planning - We will recommend a personalized asset allocation and diversification strategy. If you engage us to manage your investments, we will generate an Investment Policy Statement, make specific recommendations, implement those recommendations, and monitor and report on your portfolio.
Employee Benefits Review – Review your employee benefits programs and make recommendations to help you get the most from the choices offered. We will incorporate these plans into the analysis.
Family Financial Philosophy – To craft a written wealth mission statement – an expression of your family’s financial philosophy – a map you and your advisors will rely on to ensure that all estate planning decisions are consistent with your financial values and objectives.
Estate transfer strategies to preserve wealth – We will review estate planning strategies and make appropriate recommendations. Working with you and the appropriate estate planning specialist, we can help you to plan for possible incapacity, for control over the maintenance and disposition of your assets, for reducing tax burdens and for making gifts.
Charitable and Social Capital Planning – This will assist you in identifying charitable giving opportunities and structuring strategies to fulfill your social capital objectives.
The result is a comprehensive, individual wealth management process encompassing:
- An ongoing clear picture of your financial situation
- Efficient resource allocation to meet your objectives
- Potential shortcomings of your current strategies
- Specific steps to help achieve your objectives
- The advantages and disadvantages of alternative courses of action.